You can now buy your monthly membership, annual card, drop-in tickets and gift cards online.
- Offer on annual card, 4900 NOK, from Nov 15th-Dec 15th.
- Final round of the E9-cup this autumn in Fana Dec 16th.
- No more climbing pubs in Laksevåg before Christmas; open til 9pm on Fridays.
- Christmas opening hours: Dec 23rd: 9-20, Dec 24th: 10-14 in Laksevåg/closed in Fana, Dec 25th: 10-16, Dec 26th-30th: 10-20, Dec 31st: 10-15, Jan 1st: 12-20. Except Dec 24th, both gyms have the same opening hours.
- Bouldering with baby: in Fana every Tuesday from 10-14.
- Fana: the children's area and introduction area are reserved for groups from 17.00-19.15 Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Laksevåg: the groups are done for the season and both the children's room and the back room are open trouhout the opening hours.
Bouldering for everyone
At Bergen Climbing Centre (Bergen Klatresenter) we offer indoor bouldering (climbing on low walls above a padded floor) at all levels of difficulty. We focus on the joy of climbing, and our aim is that everyone should find suitable challenges to master. If you are looking for training that is so motivating that you do it just because it's fun, you're in the right place!
We have two large bouldering gyms in Bergen, one in Laksevåg (BKS Laksevåg) that opened in 2019, and one in Kokstad (BKS Fana) that opened in December 2021. Both gyms have plenty of bouldering area, training walls, a training room, locker rooms with a sauna, climbing shop, a large dedicated room for children and a cosy cafè area.
Never climbed before?
If you have never climbed before, there's no reason to let that stop you! No specific skills or courses are needed to get started, and we have suitable challenges at all levels.
If you would like to kick-start your climbing career and get some good advice and an introduction to climbing technique, we will run 2 hour introduction courses on a regular basis.
You can rent climbing shoes, so just bring some training clothes and drop by!
More experienced climbers will appreciate that we have a high focus on route setting with a high turn-over of boulders.
We also have the training walls Kilter Board and Train to Climb, as well as a well-equipped training room for basic training. Read more about our facilities here.
For the kids
For the kids, we have a large, dedicated children's area of, with child friendly bouldering walls and opportunities to play. There are also boulders set in the main bouldering areas for the slightly older children, and a 6 m tall autobelay wall for children.
We run climbing groups for different age groups from 5-16 years old.
Café and shop
Next to the children's room is our cafè area, where you can enjoy a cup of coffee while the children are climbing, or meet up with friends before and after training. There will also be regular events here on Friday and Saturday nights.
In our shop, we have a large selection of climbing shoes, chalk, brushes, chalk bags and climbing clothes.
Give it a try!
We are open all days, and are ready to welcome both experienced climbers and people who are keen to try for the first time.
- Mon and Wed: 09:00 - 22:00
Tues and Thurs: 07.00- 22.00
Fri: 09.00 - 20.00 (21.00 when there is no pub)
Sat: 09:00 - 18:00
Sun: 09:00 - 20:00
- Mon-Fri: 07.00-22.00
- Sat: 09.00 -18.00
- Sun: 09.00 -22:00
Weekdays: cafe & shop open at 9, except Wednesdays when breakfast is served from 7am.
Bergen Klatresenter Fana
Phone number: (+47) 97 34 77 55