To ensure that everyone has a positive and safe experience at Bergen Climbing Centre, you need to sign a declaration of responsibility, where they confirm to have read and understood the rules for the centre.
The aim of these rules is that everyone climbing in the training walls or bouldering rooms do this without endangering themselves or others.
Rules for safety and wellbeing at Bergen Climbing Centre:
- Climbing involves risk, and all climbing and other activities at the centre are done at your own responsibility. Everyone need to sign a declaration of responsibility before they climb.
- All climbers and other visitors must follow advice and instructions from the staff.
- Do not stand, sit or walk in the zone where another climber may fall on you.
- Pay attention to other climbers before your start climbing yourself.
- Many of the highest boulders will have down-climbing jugs, use these when possible.
- Climbing holds may become loose. If you find loose holds, or other faults that may affect safety, you have to immediately inform the staff.
- The padded floors should be free of drinking bottles, brushes and other personal belongings, and you may not eat in the bouldering or training rooms.
- All person injuries should be reported to the staff.
- All climbing should be done in minimum singlet and shorts.
- Climbing shoes are mandatory, barefoot climbing is not allowed. Climbing shoes should only be used in the children's bouldering room, the main bouldering room and the training walls, not in other parts of the centre.
- It is not allowed to run paid climbing instruction/groups in the facilities without permission from Bergen Climbing Centre.
Childre and youth in Bergen Climbing Centre
- Childre and youth from ages 13- 18 years old can use the facilities without an adult, as long as one of the parents has signed the declaration of responsibilty.
- Children below 13 years old:
o To ensure a safe and positive experience, children below 13 years old must be looked after by an adults while using our facilities.
o The adult has the full responsibility for the safety of the children they bring to the climbing facility.
o Adults may bring children to the main bouldering room as long as the rules for the main bouldering room are followed, and the children do not disturb other climbers.
o The children must not run, make noise or disturb others when staying in the main bouldering room or the training rooms.
Use of Auto belay (Automatic belay machines for rope climbing)
- Before you use Auto belay you need to recieve training from the staff, or to have Brattkort/Klatrekort (climbing certificate for rope climbing).
- Children below the age of 13 need to be attached to the auto belay by an adult whol has Brattkort/Klatrekort or has recieved training in the use of auto belay.
- Mon and Wed: 09:00 - 22:00
Tues and Thurs: 07.00- 22.00
Fri: 09.00 - 20.00 (21 when there is no pub)
Sat: 09:00 - 18:00
Sun: 09:00 - 20:00
- Bergen Klatresenter
- Johan Berentsens vei 63, 5160 Laksevåg
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: (+47) 90 28 79 17