The prevalence of Covid-19 has decreased in Bergen, and from December 21st there are no local covid-19 restrictions, meaning that the national restrictions and recommendations apply also here. Thus, gyms were allowed to be open both for individual training and group training.
The most important rules are the following:
- Stay at home if you are sick or in quarantine
- Keep your distance to others, minimum 1 m
- Practice hand hygiene before and after climbing, and especially if you use the café
FHI recommends to wear face masks indoors in public places where 1 m distance cannot be maintained. It has been specified that this should not be necessary in gyms, BUT PLEASE REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR DISTANCE!
Due to infection tracing, we need to have control of everyone who has been here. Therefore, everyone needs to scan their card on arrival. Drop-in customers are registered with name and phone number when they pay. Due to this, you may no longer scan your punch pass twice if you bring a friend.
We installed an automatic customer counter in the entrance door this summer, so we at all times have control of how many people are inside our facility. We need to control the number of people, so that it is possible for everyone to maintain 1 m distance. If the bouldering rooms are full, people will be asked to wait in the café (or outside if necessary) until there is space. So far, this has only been a challenge some days during the busiest hours on weeknights (typically 6pm- 8pm), and around 11am-12 on the weekends. The children's groups are now finished for the semester, which improves our capacity on weeknights.
To avoid too many people at the same time, we recommend that people take full advantage of our opening hours:
- Train during daytime if you can.
- Avoid the period from 6pm-8pm on the weekdays if you can.
- If you train when the gym is quite full, use the whole space and choose another wall than where there are already many people. If the bouldering room becomes full, new arrivals will be asked to wait in the café.
- On the weekends, we have quite a lot of visitors all day long, but the last few weekends there has been most people in the period 10pm-12pm.
- We ask everyone training on weekends and on weeknights to limit your climbing time to maximum 2 hours.
- Everyone need to pay entrance during the weekends, even if you are not climbing yourself (due to reduced capacity, non-climbing parents can no longer come along free of charge).
Equipment in the training room needs to be sprayed with disinfectant and wiped down after use. Maximum 10 people in the training room at once.
If you bring children, it is your responsibility that they wash their hands and keep distance to other people.
The locker rooms are open for use, but please remember to keep your distance to others also here, and spray with disinfectant and wipe off your locker after use.
To limit the number of people and keep track of who is there, you need to book online. All guests need to sit with 1 m distance. Ordering and serving of alcohol is done at the tables, we do not sell beer at the bar.